Back To Our Roots
A couple of years ago we looked through our archives and discovered that the Scott Trust based in Kendal Windermere have links with the Bolton Guild of Help. Sir James Scott, one of the founders of the Guild in 1905 made many donations to the charity over the years until his death in 1914.
1926 – Scott House, 27 Silverwell Street was given in Memory of Sir James W Scott Bart and Lady Scott by their sons Sir Samuel H Scott Bart., and Francis C Scott. To commemorate the 21st year of the Bolton Guild of Help. The Sir James & Lady Scott Trust was set up in 1909, now operating from Kendal but funding many organisations in the Bolton area today.